Friday, February 19, 2010

Sleeping Sitting Up

Okay, Kyle just did one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time!  We've been having a no nap day, which I hate because I feel like I spend the whole day just trying to get him to nap.  Anyway, I had given up, but he was acting like he might nap if I put him down...so we had some juice/water and read a couple stories.  This is after about 3 other failed attempts.  I put him in his crib and he protested at first.  As it got quiet in his room I started watching the video monitor, much to my amusement!

Kyle had positioned himself so he was sitting in the corner of the crib with his back leaning against the side wall of the crib.  I saw his head bobbing around, and then it would jerk up real quick, and then bob around some more.  I realized...he's falling asleep sitting up!  LOL

After a few seconds of his realizing he was nodding off, he sat forward so that he was resting his head on his legs, and that's how he fell asleep!  LOL  It's one of the funniest things he's done in a long time.  I am thoroughly amused!  :)  He did then finally lay down so he's kind of on his side/tummy, sound asleep.  I love being able to watch him on the monitor!!

There were a couple other fun things that Kyle did today.  This morning when we tried to go down for our nap the first time, Kyle gave me hugs with his arms around my neck.  That's really the first time he's done that, and he did it on purpose!  :)  He's been giving hugs for several months now, but his version of hugs are to snuggle heads together.  He finally figured out the arms for hugging with a little bit of mommy's help.  :)

The other thing he did today was play with his jack-in-the box.  He's played with it before (and used to be scared of it when he was younger), but he's never been into turning the lever to make the monkey pop out.  Today he was really trying to turn the lever, and he did.  He knows that if he pushes the little button on top that it will open the door and the monkey will pop out...so that's how he usually does it.  No music, he just let's the monkey out all in one push of a button.  The cute part was that after the monkey would pop out, he would lean over and give me a kiss.  Totally unprompted, he just did it because he wanted to I guess.  :)  Then he gave the monkey a couple kisses too.  He is such a sweetie, and I just love to watch all the new little things he does every day!

I may be starting some substitute teaching soon, if the district approves me and hires me.  I know we need the money, but it really makes me sad to think about being away from Kyle.  We have a very set routine, Kyle and mommy, and I think it will rock both our worlds to mess up that routine.  :(  I know that when I returned from California for 4 days (my longest time ever away from Kyle) we had a really, really rough week!  Kyle was a basket case!  Tantrums, acting up like crazy...  He really wanted me to know that he wasn't happy with me being away.  Poor little guy!  I really hope Josh's work picks up again soon so that I can continue to be at home with Kyle.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the cute stories from today.  Kyle is such a sweetie, and has such a fun personality!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment