Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Kyle's Latest & Greatest...




I figured it was about time to do a Kyle update on all his new things these days.  He is a very busy little guy!  Kyle will be 15 months old in 6 days.  He is walking like a pro, and exploring everything new that he can get his hands on!  He likes to climb on whatever he can, and he's an expert at pulling books off the shelves.  He is very happy, healthy, and engaged!




He is starting to talk a little.  He says 'out', and wants to play outside all the time now!  He also says 'at' for cat...or anything that he knows belongs to the cat (like the cats toy mouse).  He tries to say milk, and he says 'hot'.  He understands everything we say, and follows our directions so well!

He has learned to be very gentle with the dog and cat.  He pets gently with an open hand.  We have caught him "petting" other children's hair, just like the animals.  LOL  Kids are so funny!  :)  He is very good at sharing with others, whether it be his food, drink, or toys.




Kyle still goes to bed between 6-7pm...but usually it's closer to 6 than 7.  He usually sleeps 13 hours at night.  I think he's been trying to move into one nap a day.  So some days he takes a 2 or 3 hour nap and that's it.  If he takes a 1.5 hour nap in the morning he usually takes another short nap in the afternoon.

Kyle is really cute with his stuffed animals...he likes to give them hugs, and lately he has been putting them on the glider chair and rocking them.  It's pretty cute!  He likes opening and closing doors, he thinks that is great fun.

We've been having a hard time getting Kyle to eat lately.  I think he is teething still.  His 7th tooth came in a few days ago, but I think there are more on the way.  So, today when Kyle walked over to his high chair, set his ball on the seat, and tried to climb up, it was amazing!  He has never asked to get in his high chair before, so I was shocked!  He did actually eat a little after I put him in his chair.  Hurray!




When Josh got home from work today Kyle was playing with us really cute.  Josh was at one end of the couch and I was at the other.  Kyle was running back and forth from one of us to the other, laughing all the while.  It was so cute!

Kyle is still trying to figure out his sorting blocks.  He can consistently get the circle in the circle hole...but is still trying to figure out the other shapes.  He's learning so quick, so I have no doubt he'll have those figured out pretty soon.  :)

We still have Kyle's car seat backwards.  We are going to keep it that way for as long as we can.  According to the AAP, the new recommended age for a rear facing car seat is 2 years minimum.  This seems like a long time, I know, but it really is safer if you can pull it off.  You can view this video about the safety of rear facing car seats vs. forward facing.  Kyle doesn't complain about being backwards which is helpful.  :)

That's all I can think of at the moment.  I'm sure there are more cute things he is doing that I will think of later!  I'm just trying to keep a little journal here, so that I don't forget these things, and Kyle will have this information when he gets older.  :)  If you are following my blog, hit the follow button.  All that does is let me know who is interested in my blog.  It's just nice to know that people are checking out my site.  :)  That's all for now...  Good Night.



No comments:

Post a Comment