Monday, October 12, 2009

Tooth #7 Has Arrived



Today I was looking in my smiley Kyle's mouth and saw tooth #7 poking out.  This is a relief, but it's not over quite yet...

It has been about a week since we have gotten Kyle to eat a decent meal!  He is refusing even his very favorite foods!  Kyle never complained about any of his first 6 teeth coming in, so this one has been very rough in comparison.  Usually they break thru during the night while he is sleeping...he wakes and cries for a minute...and puts himself right back to sleep.  Easy as that!  No fussiness during the day...we have been so blessed!  But, this last week has been a doosey.  Kyle has been super fussy, refusing food, drooling like a faucet...it's been a challenge for all of us!

I give Kyle the teething tablets to take the edge off, and that seems to help a lot.  I try not to give him any medicines (like Tylenol or Motrin) unless he really needs something.  This week we actually got to the point of needing to use a couple doses of Motrin (which is recommended over Tylenol for teething).  Here's a very short video about teething that gave me some good ideas to help with Kyle's pain management.  :)

If you have (or have had) a teething baby, you can sympathize with me, I'm sure.  It gets rough sometimes.  Poor little ones, I'm sure it is very painful!  I don't think our battle with this round of teething is over just quite yet...it looks like his 8th tooth is trying to come in soon.  His gum is very puffy and I can see whitish color behind the gum...a sign that it's on it's way!  I hope it comes quick, so we can get back to "normal" living, and normal eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment